Saturday

Unpleasant Smells

As you know, every celebrity and their mother has a fragrance these days.
Women, m
en, and even lowbrow lit and television are in on the game.

But I bet you didn't know ...
* Geriatric farce-rockers KISS have their own fragrances for men and women. The cologne is described as "a spicy-warm scent featuring notes of lavender, anise and amber." Not sweat, grease makeup and Ben-Gay as one might guess. A jug of it sells for under $20.

*Marilyn Manson said he would be launching his own fragrance a couple of years ago. However, as with most of his public statements, this seems to have been just another cheap grab for unwarranted attention by the alcoholic child molester. There's nothing on the market yet.

* Loveable crackhead Paula Abdul is supposedly in development of a new fragrance, which she plans to call "Sexy Thoughts." I love the name not only for it's lack of creativity, but because it forces one to imagine what a sexy thought in Paula Abdul's mind might be. (Personally, I see her getting a sensual back massage from the animated cat from her "Opposites Attract" video.)
This is an actual quote she gave Access Hollywood on the subject this summer:
"In the middle of coming up with my fragrance line, I asked the question, 'By any chance do you have anything that smells like cat pee, and cow poop and, like, farts?' I want to put those elements - the cat pee, the horse poop and fart - in a bottle..."
Oh. My god. Is all I can say about that. I just checked the Firmenich site and-- what a surprise--she doesn't seem to have anything in production.

* My favorite of all is one by the hyper-talented gay actor Alan Cumming (one of my more memorable NYC celeb sightings-- he winked at me) who named his scent... Cumming.

No comments: