Monday

My New Favorite: Blush


Most women say that if they had to go with the bare minimum makeup, they'd stick to mascara and lip gloss. Not me. I believe a good blush is the key to lighting up your whole face, and bringing out the color of your eyes.

So as you may have read my search for the perfect blush had to move forward after a promising but ultimately disappointing trial of Revlon's Pinch Me gel. Today I was lucky enough to get my hands on a stick of Smashbox Skin Tint (Retail $28 but it's huge, and worth it- read on), so I gave it a go.

Honestly? The first things I think when I see makeup in stick form are as follows:
a.) clown alert
b.) that's going to cause a breakout
c.) I hope it works out, because I'm lazy

Reaction a. was not quelled when I cranked up the stick and a day-glo tomato color peeked it's head out. (My shade: Smashing Click) But since reaction b. was voided (the box says "oil free") I soldiered on. And I don't want to jinx myself, but I think this blush just might be "the one."

Don't fear: The color. It blends into the most amazing from-within, fresh in from the cold (or the sun) rosy glow.
How to: You only need a small dab on the apple of each cheek. Blend thoroughly.
Feel:
The finish is soft and not sticky in the least, though the first dab may feel misleadingly thick.
Whats in it? Vitamins A (antioxidant), C (can boost collagen) and E (moisturizes), Aloe (soothes, moisturizes) and echinacea (I looked into this and I still have no idea what echinacea can do for your skin but, whatever, it's a plant.)
Anything else? You can also use it on your lips. I tried it and would suggest using some gloss with it.

Like a lot of cosmetics websites, Smashbox has a "personal makeup artist" feature that helps you select the best colors to complement your hair/eyes/skin tone. It's not something that hasn't been done before, however, it's by far one of the coolest looking. They also have a pretty nice Tips & Tricks section, where currently you can learn how to make a perfect mod cat-eye.

P.S. They are a bunnyloving (cruelty-free) company as well, so if Skin Tint doesn't go on to break my heart, I may just be their biggest fan.

(Above images are from the Smashbox website.)

No comments: