Thursday

"Like She Was Pooing Fabric"

That's how ever-insightful "expert" Heidi Klum described the stretchy disaster that famed avant-garde artist and Vogue-acclaimed designer Elisa Jimenez sent down the catwalk last night on the premiere episode of Project Runway Season 4.

Now, I'm all about the sewn-on-the body roll-stitched look with stretch cotton jersey. In fact, I worked for a friend of Elisa's a few years ago who used similar construction methods. But anyone with both eyes knew that thing she made was a piece of shit. So I take back all concerns that she would so far surpass the competition that it would be unfair to the others. I believe she was only kept on the show last night because she's weird.
In fact, my good friend and I agreed that the casting on the show looks like it will ultimately be it's demise. This season, everyone is far too established a professional already, and they're starting to cast "roles" similar to the Real World now. Theres The fat gay guy, The Asian hipster chick, The tearful ' bottom,' The punk rocker, The old hag nobody likes, The flamboyant gay Hispanic, The Omarosa... it goes on. We liked the show for its looser formula, the range of artsy weirdos they attracted. I'm thinking maybe people aren't trying out the way they used to, knowing how little it does for their careers.
The only thing still truly entertaining on the show is hamster-bitch Michael Kors' comments and looks of disgust during judging.
Last nights most innovative and well executed, according to me? Kit Pistol's.

You can vote your opinion here.

1 comment:

Michael Marotta said...

I love how at first pretended I wasn't gonna be all into Season 4.