Tuesday

Another Fashion Show

Isaac Mizrahi-- fashion designer, movie star, talk show host, and sometimes boob-groping E! red carpet commentator-- has a new reality show in development with the CW network (home of America's Next Top Model.) (See the Hollywood Reporter article.)

Descriptions of "The Collection"s premise are still vague, and no premiere date has been set. It will be an hour long drama in some way connected with the fashion industry ...and, I assume, in which stereotypes will hash out pervasive social issues via hair-pulling and grammatically incorrect verbal sparring, followed by crocodile tears and claims of newfound understanding.
In which case, I'll be tuning in.

Note: If you're unfamiliar with the dizzying, self-conscious, whimsical force of nature that is Isaac Mizrahi, I'll direct you to the 90's documentary Unzipped that follows one of his collections from concept to the catwalk. The man can carry a program (I'd like to see Todd Oldham or Tim Gunn even attempt entertaining me for over an hour). So I hope he's in "The Collection" as much as he's co-producing it.

No comments: