Tuesday

S Factor by TIGI: 3 New Hits

My close friend Sissy B., a licenced senior stylist and makeup artist for an exclusive salon, (predictably) has a nose for good products. Earlier this year she introduced me to S Factor, TIGI's new premium line of hair products. So far, we've tried and used several S Factor products , and haven't been disappointed. Here's the word on their 3 newest releases...


Silky Smooth Moisture Serum (About $20)
A light, silky serum that smells like fresh, tart apples (not heavy or overly sweet-- just crisp and pleasant.)
My non-expert opinion: S Factor products are "designed for all hair types. " Having baby-fine hair, I'm leery of such claims, especially in a serum. I'm also color-processed, so my hair tangles easily. Used both wet and dry, this stuff managed to soften my snarls for easy styling, and left no heaviness or slimy residue.
Sissy B. said: Great! It feels like it's going to be heavy in your hand, but once you comb it through damp hair, the hair sucks it right up. Makes for a quicker blow-dry. Hair feels really soft but not weighed down. And it smells great, like apples and pears.


Vivacious Hairspray (About $26)
A medium hold hairspray that smells faintly like sweet coconut.
My non-expert opinion:
Dries instantly, so leaves no time to manipulate the hair once it's on. However, makes for a great finishing spray for when you have your hair exactly how you want it. Hold lasted for hours, and kept me completely free of fly-aways, which I am prone to thanks to aforementioned baby-fine hair.
Sissy B. said: It's alright. You have to press really hard on the nozzle to get it to come out. It's definitely a strong hold-- wherever you spray it it will stay and crispify your head. Would be perfect for an updo, or if your hair can't hold a curl... shoot a curl with this and it WILL stay. I use it anyway because I like the smell, I just hold it really high over my head and swirl it.



Body Booster (About $24)
A sweet-smelling, hair-plumping, root-lifting spray.
My non-expert opinion: Bulked up my limp hair instantly, without sacrificing flexibility and movement. Does the job. Not my favorite scent.
Sissy B. said: My hair is big enough. (Which is true, so she didn't try it.)

Older but still the FAVORITE of both Sissy and I is their Heat Defender Flat Iron Spray (About $28). Yummiest smelling of the lot, and leaves hair shining like glass even after a fierce bout (or 18 million yanks) with a flat iron. I first tried this when my hair was bleach-damaged and dull, and a few spritzes left me believing in miracles.

Click here to find out where S Factor is sold near you.


No comments: