Wednesday

F-List Fabulous: Becky's Jael Sighting

As promised, my favorite comedienne/Hollywood madam Becky sent in an account of her America's Next Top Model reject sighting in L.A. - Enjoy!

Hi. I’m Becky. I work with Pixie via the information super-highway and I was offered to guest-post based on an amazing celebrity sighting that I endured earlier in February.

If you can remember America’s Next Top Model, Cycle 8, there was
that chick 50-Cent pushed into the pool, Jael. Well, kids, yours truly bumped into her.

There I was, sipping a complimentary can of malt liquor (it was a Monday night, after all) in a bar in Hollywood called
The Beauty Bar. Its claim to fame is that instead of booths, the chairs are made out of old-fashion hair dryers that everyone’s grandmother used to sit in and gossip about how sexy FDR was or something like that. Needless to say, in my mind, Beauty Bar is known as a place where guys who look like every Poindexter that went to Camp Shalom Alechim go to wear their new Gap fedora and pretend they can dance to Dirty South Hip-Hop.

Needless to say, amidst all the desperation that comes with dive bars in Hollywood, I saw a tall girl with blond short hair, drinking the same type of malt liquor I was downing, while typing away on her sidekick. She was wearing faded jeans and a pink tank top. After I recognized her as Jael, I realized that the tank top she was wearing was the exact same tank top our collective subconscious conjures up whenever we’re asked to think of a
stereotypical urban prostitute.

My friend Ashley elbowed me and said,
“Oh my God, Steve would totally shit himself right now. That’s Jael from America’s Next Top Model.”

Steve is my straight-male roommate who happens to be the
only human being alive who can pronounce Yves St. Laurent correctly.

A part of me wanted to go up to her and ask how it felt to be pushed by 50-Cent into a pool, but I didn’t want to stand too close to her. After all, we were wearing the same exact tank top.

No comments: