Sunday

Lash Power: Teeny Little Super Brush

I was skeptical when I first opened Clinique's NEW Lash Power mascara. The brush is so little! But what its size proved to offer was a precision beyond that of any mascara I've tried.
To put it in perspective: I NEVER do my bottom lashes, as it never fails to result in clumps and wand marks under my eye that need to be corrected. Lash power singled out each of these tiny lashes and coated them evenly, root to tip, without a flub, despite my unsteady hand.
Staying power: It claims 24-hour wear, and it's actually true. It managed to stay put flawlessly through too many margaritas, forgetful eye rubbing, a good night's sleep, eyes watering in 28 degree wind, and my overactive oil glands (thanks, Dad.) Originally created for the steamy climates of Asia, it held up remarkably against the perils of a northeastern U.S. winter.
Easy-off: Comes off with one cotton ball soaked in very warm water. (Handy when you forget your eye makeup remover at home.)
Soft texture: My eyelashes felt bare, but looked bold and really long. It wouldn't even crumble off into "mascara soot" when rubbed.
Notion seconded: A bff and fellow product junkie Erin gave it a shot and loved it so much I handed mine over to her. Her lashes looked amazing, like long, delicate fans.
Lash Power will be on the U.S. market in February (though it is on the Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom websites now), part of Clinique's Nude Blush Spring 2008 line (which FYI contains a lot of understated rose, peach and gold-ish shades. NARS collection is doing similar shades, so it looks like nude is going to be the look of spring! Pretty.)
At $14 it's a bargain for the level of quality. I'll be picking up another one myself.

No comments: