Sunday

How to Get a Counterfeit Bag in NYC

There were no entries for a few days, I know. I was in New York City for a little vaca with a girl friend, and shopped so hard I'm practically limping today.
Part of the shopping excursion took us through SoHo and down Broadway, where I learned the new art of finding a knock-off designer bag now that the fuzz has cracked down on the little Canal Street cubby holes that used to hawk them. I'll give it to you step by step:
1.) Walk down Broadway starting at about Broome or Grand Street and heading towards Canal, or just walk Canal Street through Chinatown.
2.) There will be several tiny Chinese ladies, many with a computer print out sheet showing pictures of the bags they are selling. All will be saying something to you like a ticket scalper "ChanelGucciPrada!" or something to that effect. Look at one and say "Okay."
3.) They will say "come with me," and lead you to the back of a van, or up or down stairs in a nearby building where you can get one of these bags.

Words of advice.
- Never go alone.
- In the van situation they will shut you into the van with them to shop. Try to have two people with you, one to get into the van with you and another to stand guard outside-- I feel like this is the perfect way to get kidnapped and sold into slavery somewhere. I saw two girls with their father do this. The father stood outside, and the Chinese lady yelled at him to stand away from the van so as not to look like he was waiting. I don't condone letting your children get into the backs of vans, but if you're gonna do it, at least stand outside with the licence plate number and the Amber Alert phone number on hand in case someone jumps in the front and hits the gas.
As for me, I'm happy with my knockoff Muse bag without the fake tag attached.

1 comment:

mishka said...

wow! you are so brave. Did you go to uniqlo??