Monday

Marc Jacobs Lola and Other Pretty Perfumes


Marc Jacobs just launched a new youthful fragrance called Lola, sold exclusively at Bloomingdales (until it's wider release in September.) The packaging is fun - it reminds me of a flamenco dancer's skirt, or the sleeves of something Gloria Estefan would have worn onstage in 1987.

Maybe it's misty memories of my mom and grandma's dressers when I was a kid, but there's something about a pretty perfume bottle that I just find magical. Here are a few of my favorite bottles of all time:
Clockwise: Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise is whimsical and a little bit gay pride; the L'Air du Temps doves have been around for decades; YSL Babydoll is like a loose gem in a treasure chest; Chanel Chance is so simple it's gorgeous; Jean Paul Gaultier's MaDame couldn't possibly be more girly - it's pink and has boobs on it; Thierry Mugler Angel Garden of Stars scents come in a shooting star bottle, far less awkward than the original Angel's bottle; Anna Sui put her namesake scent in a bottle oozing with mysterious vintage allure; Christian Dior's classic Poison recalls Snow White's apple; What can I say -I'm a sucker for a hearts and tiaras - thank you Vera Wang Princess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

レイバン モデルは全部でいくらありますか?全コンプとは無理だが、レイバン wayfarerだけでも揃いたい。それもやっぱり無理か?ならレイバン RB2140でもいっぱい欲しい!世界一サングラスの人になろう!li