Thursday

Anna McCraney Wins "The Fashion Show"

Tonight design teacher Anna McCraney won Bravo's Project Runway replacement The Fashion Show. Compared to the other contestants, she was the only one with restraint and marketability. She falls somewhere between Anthropologie and Urban Outfitters on the aesthetic chart.

As for the other finalists: I have no idea why James Paul's origami bullshit (he's often like a way less wearable Yamamoto, isn't he?) even made it to the finals aside from the fact Reco gave the judges no choice by busting out a bedazzled Tello's/Joyce Leslie/Texas pageant fiasco all over the runway. I'm also pretty sure Reco was a Dave Chapelle character. Daniella's collection was okay, but aside from a couple of the sequined numbers (which I would probably wear) all the sheer fabric got a little too Fly Girls for me.

I just want to make a side note about the "version of the winning designs for sale on BravoTV.com" situation. In nearly each case, a terribly sad iteration of the designer's winning piece was created and then sold for a laughable price (upwards of $99.) Supposedly James Paul's blobby black dress "sold out." Really? I think that may be a lie. Look at the Fashion Show designs for sale and tell me what you think.

No comments: