Wednesday

Trend Alert: Fugly Nylon Longchamp Bags

According to my Red Line-riding pal Erin, there's been a megatrend of chicks on the Boston T rocking these totally fug nylon bags by the brand Longchamp:FYI: Unless you are hauling diapers or corrected 3rd grade test papers, there is no excuse for this bag.

Now, I've heard of buying the smallest Coach bag on earth just because it's Coach, or even carrying the plastic store bag of a pricy designer just to appear as if you grabbed any plastic bag and you're so posh that that one came up by chance in a heap of other posh plastic bags (telltale fading aside), but seriously - I draw the line at purchasing something ugly as hell just because it's got a label. And in this case - double WTF - who even cares about Longchamp??!

[Photo by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott]

Now that their hot new ad (above) has launched, I may or may not be changing my tune about the brand's chic-itude. But the nylon bag is still a no-no.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ha! everyday i drown in these, girl. every. single. day.

Unknown said...

and you're right, they totally look like diaper bags. these things make me really angry!