Monday

It's 2010 Resort Season (If You're Loaded)

Most people think fashion has two seasons - Spring and Fall - in which all designers show their collections. But there's a third season - resort - which is sort of a year-round thing (though most of the collections are shown around May and June.) The clothing is basically intended for wear on private islands and yachts.

I can't even swing a beachfront room at a HoJo this summer, but it's still fun to see what I'd be shopping for if a fat trust fund had me headed for the Riviera.

From left: Marchesa dress, two looks by Lanvin.
[Images via WWD.com]


I love that the heavy metallic beading and sequin trends are going strong for resort as well as the fall and holiday seasons this year. I'm not sure if it's because I grew up on the 80's end of the glam rock era, but I live for sequins and beads and jewels and it's more than likely that the reflection off one of my outfits will one day cause a bus accident (like it almost did in high school.)

From left: Chanel, Balenciaga and Cynthia Rowley.
[Images via WWD.com]

Having come of age in the grunge era, I'm also pretty psyched that aspects of that aesthetic are emerging. I could give or take a flannel shirt, but I never got over layers, lace and disheveled looking textures. Chanel's knicker/bike shorts may gross out most people, but I'd rock those in a second.

No comments: