Monday

O-Plump Doesn't Burn

Every lip plumper I've ever tried has burned my lips with a gross cinnamon tingle, made them unbearably sticky, and then caused them to peel. Maybe they plumped my lips... but maybe they just felt fat because they were on fire?

Anyway, I've liked Smashbox's O-Gloss and O-Glow products (which supposedly adjusts to the "perfect" pink to complement your skintone - I always get a Barbie hot pink) so I gave O-Plump ($24) a shot.

Verdict: Tingly but cooling, not burning. Tastes minty. Color comes out the same as O-Gloss. Lips were still a little peely after a couple hours, but the gloss isn't sticky and does seem to give a slight pinch to your pout.

PS: They have an O-Bronze product out, but I'm leery about picking it up based on the brightness of the pink that I get from the other "O" products. Seems like carrot orange is inevitable? Comment if you've tried it.

No comments: