Sunday

Another Parsons Star on the Rise


[Photos by George Chinsee via Womens Wear Daily]

Just wanted to take a moment to point out the gorgeousness of the work my old Parsons friend Prabal Gurung let loose on the world during New York fashion week a few days ago. He designed for Cynthia Rowley and Bill Blass (and was a fashion success in his native Nepal before arriving in the US) before finally launching his own namesake label aimed at the richest of the rich. You might also have seen him on an episode of America's Next Top Model making a disgusted face at one of the contestants as she runway hobbled across Cynthia's studio on a go-see (a moment that brought me much joy.)


My bet is he'll have no trouble winning the loyalty and adoration of the elite. My broke ass is already a MAJOR fan. Look at the back of the black and white number! The red and black Blade Runner dress! And the beaded one! Prabal, when I make my first million, you're my first call.

No comments: