Tuesday

Coming Out of the Dark

For maybe the first time ever, I agree with Allure Magazine for placing a product on their Editor's Choice list. I always go through their picks and balk, as I flip to the next page and see a huge ad by the company whose ass they're kissing.
(Seriously. If one more rag tells me Maybelline's pink and green mascara is a "timeless classic" and the best, I'm going to show up at their offices with my lashes dried up and crusty with a coat of that shit on and start yelling about it.)

Anyway, my point is that Benefit's Boi-ing undereye concealer is pretty effective. (Wow, buried that lead, huh?)
The word: At first swipe of the brush or finger, it seems too lightweight to do the job. I'm used to undereye concealers being very thick and soft, and needing to be caked on to hide the dark shadows-- mine, anyway. But it doesn't take much with this stuff, and you can layer it as needed. It stayed on all day without absorbing any of my dark eye makeup the way some creamier concealers do, and really didn't emphasize any wrinkles. Of course, you still see natural creases. (They didn't say it was botox, bitch.) I was amazed to walk in to my office's flourescent-lit bathroom at 4 p.m. and not look like a zombie for once.
At $18, I'd call this a good deal. For about $10 more, its a major upgrade from anything you'll find at the drugstore.

1 comment:

Not active said...

please please go on save-amazonia.blogspot.com and vote to help us help everone else. did you know 20% of the earths oxygen comes from the amazon rainforest?