Thursday

Rodarte Target Collection Pics!



The official press kit for the Rodarte for Target collection (due Dec. 20th) is not yet up on Target.com, but unofficial preview pics have been leaking since early August, when the above snap was taken on the sly by a Paper magazine reporter.







From what I see so far, it's vintage budoir with a side of grandma's attic. Any female who came of age in the early 90's knows that good old fashioned GRUNGE is the intersection of those sartorial avenues! Maybe it's nostalgia (I finally got rid of my huge "kinderwhore" vintage leopard coat from a 1994 the other day... maybe just in time for a new one?) but I'm loving these looks. Top of my list is the yellow version of the bow-shoulder slip dress. The line will run you from $9.99 for the knee high stockings on up to $79.99 for the catty coat.

P.S. - As for the up-to-your-tits tights with the bow... the only way I can imagine rocking those is layered over leggings or opaque tights and worn as pants. Under a dress that bow would appear to be the most fucked up outie belly button ever seen.

No comments: