Tuesday

What's New: Fur Vests, Hammer Pants and a Puzzle Piece

Just wanted to show you what's in store (and in style) for next fall in case you're the ahead-of-the-game type. While most of the other established design houses gave us nothing but barf-worthy prints (exception below) and "Is that grandma's fucking curtains?" brocade numbers in their recent pre-Fall 2009 shows, the always fantastic Nicolas Ghesquiere kicked out a 70's rocker staple -the shagged-out fur vest- for Balenciaga to remind us all what glam really means. Although I'd advise you to rock faux fur unless you're either an Eskimo or a fucking asshole.

I'm also loving and dying for those pants - harem styles (i.e. Hammer Time) will be on the racks this summer for those who dare (you need 2 things - be thin and wear high-ass heels), but I'm favoring this punk jodphur skinny-harem-combo. I'll post a copycat version that isn't $9,000 when I find one, in both cases.

As for aforementioned exception to the gnarly prints out there, Alexander Wang gave us this crossword getup, which again, I'm dying for:



No comments: