Monday

Clinique Launches Spring 2009 Collection "First Blush"


I had the opportunity to try out the spring 2009 collection from Clinique this past week, "First Blush". Highlights include flower-themed eyeshadow duos in ethereal neutrals, high-shine glosses with just a whisper of color, and the standout innovation I adore - Quick Blush.

I have to admit, I'm a child and I played with the products before reading the details, so I had no idea how to use Quick Blush and ended up sticking my finger in the cap (where the blush is.) Here's how it actually works:


With a twist the brush picks up just enough blush from the cap to add a nice flush to your cheeks. Equally impressive is the quality of the super-soft retractable brush, which alone is worth the price of the product. I'll probably clean it and continue to use it even after the blush runs out. Reduce, reuse, recycle, ladies!

The eyeshadow packaging is super cute, and Clinique just has a knack for creating universally flattering shades. Of course I could show you pics of the gorgeous model with artist-applied eyeshadow they sent me, but I wanted y'all to see how they look on a real chick who applied them in about 30 seconds:

[Fresh Bloom Eye Shadow ($16.50 each, from left): Tiger Lily, Apple Blossom, Maple Blossom, Cherry Blossom; Lash Doubling Mascara ($14, all photos); Long Last Glosswear SPF 15 in First Blush (1,2) and Honey Shimmer (3,4), $14 each; Quick Blush in Hurry Honey (1,3) and In-a-Rush Blush (2,4) $21.50.]

"First Blush" will be available at Clinique locations nationwide in February 2009, and online at Clinique.com.

P.S. My faves? The Quick Blush in Hurry Honey and the shadow in Tiger Lily.

No comments: