Thursday

THIS is What Happens in Vegas...

To see America at its finest, I would suggest visiting Las Vegas. Fashion-wise, it is a land where women have the right to wear a size XX-small halter-top no matter what their bust size. (God bless side cleavage.)

For those who love glamor and, most importantly, for those who love trashy glamor, I would suggest Bally's Paris Promenade and Le Boulevard. Some of the stores do feature French designers. There are other French accessories, such as an array of business cards offering suitors a night with "La Prostitute".


From wedding dresses to exquisite(ly cheaply made but expensive) flapper dresses, window-shopping on Le Boulevard is way better than spending $50.00 at the Liberace Museum.

I didn't go into Versace for fear my excessive viewing of Showgirls may lead to my embarrassment of pronouncing the store Ver-SAY-ss. However, I did manage to make a fool out of myself in other respects in Sin City. If only Chlamydia stayed in Vegas, as well...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't pay attention to the fact that this was written by Becky at first. And I was like "I can't believe Pixie wrote about getting chlamydia in Vegas" and "when was she in Vegas?" But then I saw it was by Becky and everything made sense.

Anonymous said...

I didn't get the comment about the Liberace Museum...BUT... if you want to LEARN about fashion.....
We recently visited the Liberace Museum when we went to Las Vegas. We took the free shuttle to the Museum which picked us up at our hotel. The admission and tour was very reasonable and a great learning experience. So much to see! We had dinner at Liberace's Italian restaurant next door which had excellent food and reasonable prices. We planned before we left home by visiting their website at www.liberace.org. We will be sure to visit again and again as the displays are always changing.....and it won't cost you $50. dah...............