Friday

Retro Swim: Glam or Gram(my)?



Victoria's Secret Very Sexy top $42 and bottom $38; Lux one-piece $98, UrbanOutfitters.com; Lux top $48 and bottoms $58, UrbanOutfitters.com; Isaac Mizrahi for Target top $22.99 and bottoms $19.99.

Urban Outfitters, Victoria's Secret and even Izaac Mizrahi for Target have all shown retro cut swimwear this season (as in high waisted bottoms, ruched-sleeve crop-tops and boy-leg one pieces with sweetheart necklines.)

Looking at them in a catalog, I think they're absolutely adorable. Kind of old-fashioned glamorous. Plus, they look as if they would hide a lot of "flawed" bodily attributes.
But could I actually wear one? Like, walking around South Beach? I'm not sure.

I'm wondering where other chic chicks stand on the issue.

The old fashioned swimsuit trend - love or hate?
Love
Love but I wouldn't wear it
Hate

1 comment:

mishka said...

Me and my upper thighs have been waiting for good old timey bikini bottoms for like, a lifetime.