Tuesday

Damn the Conversion Rate

We all know about Topshop. That English upgrade of knockoff-couture-for-cheapskates (Swedish, by the way) retailer H&M that American "actresses" rave about after sending their personal stylist/clenbuterol dealers to raid it in a roof-landing private aircraft.

Underrated talents such as you and I, on the other hand, curse the dollars to pounds exchange rate and international shipping fees while coveting the cuts we won't be trouncing about in for months, sometimes an entire year, later.
Well, as if one unreachable beacon of fab wasn't bad enough, take a peek at Dorothy Perkins.



Ever-so-slightly cheaper and just as fabulous, it's yet another reason I'll soon be looking for a "flat" in Pete Doherty's trailer park as soon as humanly possible.
But for the sake of my dental health, please, one or both of you... Come to the U.S.? I promise the total amount of income I plan to dispose of at your registers will put at least one child through an ivy league school.

Seriously. I want my trends while they're still trendy. Waiting this long to hop on the high-waisted trouser train has been painful.

PS- Guys if you don't already know, the Topshop for you is called Topman. Check it out.

No comments: