Tuesday

Glamour Puts a Little Meat on the Bones

Look at the realness (aside from airbrushing, of course) of Glamour Magazine's most recent swimwear feature model. She looks like someone I'd actually see at a beach in real life, and she looks fabulous and not malnourished. And she's the sole model on a multi-page spread shot by Patrick Demarchelier - and the spread is not entitled "Swimsuits for Curvy Gals" featuring Lane Bryant styles.

I'm not the first whose gut reaction to this spread was not only to be impressed, but also to be relieved. How often is it you look at a swimsuit ad or a feature on beachwear that you don't feel the urge to starve for four days, even if you're rockin a BMI of 19? Can you look at THIS and eat your lunch afterward?

Do tell:


Do ads and magazine spreads featuring swimwear affect your self image?
Nope, I'm hot and I always feel hot
Sometimes - like if I'm PMSing or something
I know I'm hot but I feel a little fat when I see them
They almost always make me feel like a fat cow

No comments: