Monday

(Faux) Vintage (Faux) Jewels

Having just ripped through Season One of the Showtime series The Tudors on DVD in a matter of one day, it's to be expected that my obsession with vintage costume jewelry has kicked into overdrive. Every scene has Catherine of Aragon or Anne Boleyn flaunting some gem-heavy pendant, brooch or headpiece that would have any girl who can recall her youthful (okay, or grown-up) princess fantasies drooling in envy. Even the boys rock amazing shoulder-draped bands of jewels (see photo.)

Jonesing for a few sparkling imitations on the cheap, I hit the website of my favorite contemporary costume jewelry brand: 1928. Here are the ones I could make a royal dent in my bank account for (P.S. - Use code DELIGHT08 for 20% off):




Midnight lace necklace, $28; Cielo rojo necklace, $72; Aquamarine pendant, $16; Gold tone teardrop, $37; Amethyst brooch, $19; Drop earrings, $16; Sapphire set, $9.99.

No comments: