Tuesday

A 2-in-1 Crime



[LEFT: Forever 21 leggings. RIGHT: Something I wore when my mom dressed me]

So... these puppies (above) popped up on Forever21.com today. A few months ago when they started selling STIRRUP leggings (which should only be worn if you are atop a horse) I held my tongue. Now they've gone too far.

The leggings trend is easy, comfortable and fairly cute (so long as your top is long enough to cover your cha-cha) but I draw the line at the built in skirt. I rocked this look in the third grade. Third grade is pretty much the cutoff point after which someone should shove a "you are too tall for this ride" sign in your face if you even go near the rack. Because, really? It just sends the message that you aren't savvy enough to match your leggings to your skirt without factory assistance, and that is just sad.

No comments: