Friday

Bye Bye Dry



A few weeks ago I got a package from fab California-based beauty retailer Planet Beauty (physical stores are only in CA, but luckily they have a neatly designed online store. Think more like Sephora, less like Sally...)
Since then, I've been enjoying super-soft hair and skin thanks to ICON shampoo and conditioner, and a rich hand and nail cream by the nail gods at O.P.I. called Avoplex.

ICON's Drench Moisture Shampoo and Free Moisture Conditioner are fresh-scented and leave hair feeling clean but not totally stripped. Since using it, I haven't been as addicted to my smoothing lotions and shine sprays, despite my higher frequency of heat styling since the cold rolled in to Boston. They're also light enough to use on a daily basis, and I've noticed no buildup or heaviness after a couple of weeks consistent use. I'd give them both an "A"!

Avoplex is rich and non-greasy with a light citrusy scent, and it does maintain hand softness longer than your typical cream (thanks in part to its avocado oil content.) Still, it couldn't switch me from the Neutrogena "Norwegian Formula" cream that - while a tad greasy due to it's petroleum content- is still my go-to for chapped hands and dry cuticles.

No comments: