Friday

Origins Lipstick Has Flower Power

I'm usually not a lipstick girl- or not a vivid lipstick girl, anyway. But I kept seeing these hot magenta shades showing up on models all over the place this year, and it inspired me.
After a few misses, I found a shade I really love - Origins Flower Fusion Lipstick in Peony. Dab it on with a finger over lip balm to get a subdued shade like above.
Why it's great: It's super-moisturizing. Unlike others that claim the same, it's not goopy or sticky. Straight from the tube its gorgeous and rich, and as I said, dabbed on it's wonderfully subtle. No gross lipstick taste. (Plus I'm a sucker for pretty packaging- the pink metallic tube won me over.)
Cost: $16. A splurge, but rich jewel tones are going to be "in" beyond the new year, so it's a worthy one.

No comments: