Saturday

Coming Soon: Vibrating Mascara

For real. On July 17th Estee Lauder is launching a $30 Turbolash Mascara with a battery-operated wand that releases tiny vibrations as you apply. It'll be sold exclusively at Saks until later in the year.

What's the point? Supposedly the formula used dries instantly (so my long-time habit of sneezing immediately after applying will no longer leave me looking like a hysterical prom queen? Sweet.)

Lancome is also planning to release a similar product, called Ôscillation, that will allow you to get a super-even application.
Can you imagine trying to explain the buzzing sound in your purse by saying "it's my mascara?"

I'll follow with a review once I get my hands on these two and let you know if it really makes a difference. If I poke my eye out in the process, expect more typos than usual.

1 comment:

Michael Marotta said...

Everything is better when it vibrates. Except newborns.