Friday

Two Cheeks, Two Blushes


Yesterday I hit Sephora with my good friend Liz, and as always, left with several things on my face I didn't arrive wearing.
Two of those things were cheek colors Benefit PosieTint and Smashbox O-Glow.
Bottom line: similar shades of sweet baby pink, totally flattering on fair-skin.

PosieTint ($28) is like its predecessor cheek stain BeneTint, only it looks less like food coloring and more like the consistency of nail polish. On the finger, it looks like a Barbie disaster, but on cheeks it looks natural (yet still noticeable.) It was the stronger pigment of the two I put on.

O-Glow ($26) is actually a clear non-sticky gel that magically turns the color you naturally blush. Okay, that's total B.S. But the color it did turn looked very natural, whatever chemical "magic" took place to change it.
I'm planning to go back and get some of this one for those minimalist days when fresh-faced actually means leaving the house with almost-bare skin. It's the kind of product I'd market to those hippie ladies who don't wear a stitch of makeup. (Most people, I don't care who you are, need a touch of color to look good.)
I haven't tried it yet (I'm leery of using any lip product tester, even with a disposable brush ...eww) but there's a matching O-Glow lip gloss ($22)that works the same way.

No comments: