Tuesday

Review: NEW from Origins!

Back in the day, I used to save my masks for slumber parties. They were something to do, since we couldn't leave the house yet, but we didn't care what was in them or why.
Nowadays slathering a mask on is a less frequent and more solitary ritual, but one far more necessary-- if for no other reason than it forces you to take a few "me" minutes and hide out because your face is a mess. I got a chance to try out the new Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins™ Plantidote™ Mega-Mushroom Skin-Calming Face Mask (Coming in September 2008!) tonight, officially kicking off a mask comeback in my skincare ritual.

What: This mask does double duty on the relaxation front, cooling and softening the skin with just a dash of aromatherapy thanks to natural ingredients like ginger. (It smells just like the other Plantidote products.)

Verdict: On contact the light green cream cools the skin. When it was close to dry I rinsed... and rinsed... and felt like the mask wasn't coming off. I finally realized it was just my skin, which had become unrecognizably smooth. My usually massive pores even looked smaller! When the drier weather kicks in, this stuff is going to be a lifesaver.

Price: $35

No comments: