Friday

Victoria Jackson Street Attack

Let me preface this by saying I don't live in an affluent neighborhood. I have a really cute place and everything, but for the most part my outlying neighbors are blue collar workers and illegal immigrants. So when I was accosted on the street this morning by two pretty, body-spray doused girls hawking pricy makeup as I passed a filthy Dunkin' Donuts and the office of one of those TV commercial lawyers they spoof on The Simpsons, I was a little suprised by their choice of hunting grounds.

"We're doing a promotion for Victoria Jackson Makeup today, did you get yours?" the fast-talking one asks me.
"Nope." (Wait isn't Victoria Jackson that lady who used to be on SNL? I thought. I Googled and apparently its another VJ. With a shabby-ass homemade website who used to sell on QVC.)
She shoves a gift bag into my hand. Free stuff? Okay.
"Shes a big hollywood makeup artist. Look at this stuff -pretty right? Well if you buy this today you can have it for 80% off and we'll give you her entire collection free."
Holy shit she didn't even stop to breathe. Wait, what? I thought this was a promotional gift bag!
"Uh, no thanks."
"Okay." Then she rips the gift bag out of my hand.

As I walked away, all I could think about was, what if I had just taken the bag and kept walking before she could continue? And has anyone ever refused to give the bag back? Whoever thought of this sales approach was just asking to get robbed or hit.
And now I'm pissed because just from touching the bag I smell like the girl's body spray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Should have ran. Ran like the wind!